Sunday, January 13, 2008

How to Blow your ACL - 101

I blew my ACL out in roughly September while playing basketball. I blocked a guys shot and landed on his foot, rolling over it, simultaneously hearing the magic 'pop' of my ACL blowing.

This isn't the first time I've blown my knee. On the first play of the first game in my senior year of high school football I lay screaming and kicking on the field after a vicious cut block to my planted left leg left me with no knee ligaments in place.

What was odd this time was that there was no swelling and very little pain, last time I was literally in tears. In fact I even finished the game, and then played twice more in the coming weeks. I knew something was wrong though, I couldn't plant and my v-cuts were more like u-cuts. I finally went in to see the orthopaedic and he confirmed it, I had once again blown my ACL.

2 comments:

ketz said...

I realized something was incorrect though, I couldn't flower and my v-cuts were more like u-cuts.

ketz said...

I realized something was incorrect though, I couldn't flower and my v-cuts were more like u-cuts.